[Dovecot] nfs director

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 09:45:04 EEST 2010

Hi,

> If you don't mind random Dovecot errors about index corruption I guess you're fine with how it works now. I guess your mails are delivered to maildirs by qmail? If you ever switch to Dovecot LDA you'll probably start getting more errors. And if you ever plan to switch to dbox format then at latest you'll need director.

Ah! This probably explains why we're not being hit as hard as some others.
We dont use dovecot lda. So we only see problems when users have 2 or more
clients open and happen to hit the exact same polling times. We do have
plans to move to dovecot lda so good to know our problems would have
increased a lot. Should start testing with the director this weekend. Got
4 servers to play with.

Cor