[Dovecot] Shared mail folders

Ian macdonald ianmac51 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 01:20:27 EEST 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to configure shared mail folders and have made some
progress, however I am just stuck lack of experience I think.

I have ubuntu 10.04
postfix and dovecot (working well)
using dovecot deliver as LDA
thunderbird reports that folders are shared
flat file database has the shares

My problem is I am missing something on the userdb

I wish to use auth passwd as it is a small system of 20 system users

I have the following from dovecot -n

auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

I get the following

IMAP(peter): userdb lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master)
failed: No such file or directory
dovecot: IMAP(peter): Namespace 'shared/': Could not lookup home for user ian

I am lost and would be grateful for any help

all the best

Ian