[Dovecot] Can't get dovecot to see email folders

Blaster Blaster at 556nato.com
Mon Aug 30 02:03:58 EEST 2010

  You are correct, it was a subscription issue (and a permissions one as
well, as I had screwed around with those while trying to figure stuff
out) I managed to figure that out about an hour before you sent your
email :)  I eventually found the issue discussed in wiki2.

I don't see where UW-IMAP was using a subscription file though.  I used
it for about 5 years or more and never saw one, still can't see one.
Not sure how Thunderbird was working with that IMAP server.

It also looks like Thunderbird 3 has now changed how it deletes emails
and no longer immediately removes them from the INBOX when the trash is
emptied like it used to.  Looks like I have to screw around with that now.

It's nice to have Dovecot working.  Better security and instant email
notification now!

The concept of the namespace stuff makes sense to me, but I still don't
understand how Dovecot works with it in the .conf file.  The
documentation there could use some work.

Thanks again for the help.