[Dovecot] proxy_maybe regex

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 2 01:33:43 EET 2010

David,

[mailto:dovecot-

> There are ways of doing this in mysql, with heartbeats etc (which
we've
> discussed before), but then I'm back to mysql again. Maybe mysql just
> has to be the way to go in this case.
>
> Brad, any more investigation into this?

I've been mulling it over in my head, but haven't had a chance to
actually build up a test environment and start playing with it yet. I
got some other things (Blackboard, for those that can sympathize)
dropped in my lap, and that's been consuming the majority of my time.

I do like the possibility of falling back to a local connection if the
database goes away. I am curious to see how it behaves if the database
is corrupt, database server is down, host is offline, and so on. All
that plus figuring out the best schema, queries, cleanup, etc of course
;)

-Brad