[Dovecot] [dovecot] Problem with namespaces and dovecot -n

Jonathan Siegle jsiegle at psu.edu
Wed Feb 3 21:07:20 EET 2010

I'm running dovecot 2.0 revision 10622:de9d6dae7fe5 on AIX.
I'm trying to see both namespaces that I have listed in mail.conf.
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  inbox = no
  hidden = no
  location = maildir:%h/Maildir
  list = yes
}
namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix = "#mbox/"
  location = mbox:%h:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
  inbox = yes
  hidden = no
  list = yes   # for v1.1+
}

Whichever namespace is last, I can see when running dovecot -n. Am I supposed to only see the last one printed?

# 2.0.beta2: /usr/local/dovecot2.0beta2/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: AIX 3 0001112AD300
auth_debug = yes
auth_gssapi_hostname = $ALL
auth_krb5_keytab = /etc/krb5/dovecot.keytab
auth_mechanisms = plain gssapi
disable_plaintext_auth = no
listen = *
login_greeting = Dovecot version 2 on tr27n12 ready.
mail_full_filesystem_access = yes
mail_location = mbox:%h:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%Ju/%u
mbox_lazy_writes = no
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
mmap_disable = yes
namespace {
  hidden = no
  inbox = yes
  list = yes
  location = mbox:%h:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
  prefix = #mbox/
  separator = /
  name = private
}
passdb {
  deny = no
  driver = pam
  master = no
  pass = no
}

With this config I have no folders. If I flip the namespaces in the config, I have no INBOX and can't login.

Thanks,
Jonathan