[Dovecot] dovecot and AFS

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 4 01:41:52 EET 2010

On 2.2.2010, at 22.06, Per-Erik Persson wrote:

> Scrolling thru the archives gives me a hint that there might be troubles with AFS together with dovecot and maildir especially the LDA
> Is this still an issue or should I prepare for spending time to solve it?
> If someone successfully got it to work in a small or large scale environment I would be happy to know about it.

Problems are probably similar to NFS. The only sure way to avoid issues is to make sure that only a single server accesses user's mails at the same time. LDA from a different server is safe only if it doesn't update Dovecot's index files. There was a recent thread about how to do this with subject "quick question".