[Dovecot] managesieve does call a wrong chown

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Feb 7 20:21:01 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 14:06 +0100, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > I think this should be handled the same way as Dovecot does if mail
> > root's parent directory is 01777. Now, I'm not sure what Dovecot
> > actually currently does in that situation.. :) v1.1 might do
> > whatever, I think v1.2+ would try to make it 0777 and shouldn't try
> > to change the group to root, because the group doesn't matter since
> > it's world-rwx anyway. That doesn't seem to be the best solution
> > though. Maybe it should check if the +t bit is set and then use 0700
> > or maybe 0770 (maybe 01777 -> 0770, 01707 -> 0700?). I suppose I
> > should write a function that does this so the code wouldn't have to
> > be duplicated all around.
>
> I'll wait for that one then.

My above text is completely wrong. When creating mail root directory,
0700 mode is used. I think Sieve should do the same thing when creating
Sieve root directory.

I should probably at some point add a function that can be used to
create these mail/sieve root dirs, but initially they would just create
with 0700 mode too. Until someone complains and wants some other
permissions to be used, and then I'd have to figure out some way to do
that.