[Dovecot] dovecot and AFS SOLVED

Per-Erik Persson per-erik.persson at it.su.se
Wed Feb 10 11:22:47 EET 2010

Well, what you describe would be the correct and security  aware way of
doing it.

However since I am still testing i just did it the quick and dirty way.
By adding the IP of the server handling the maildeliveries to the group
called mail-writers which has permissions on every users Maildir.
Something like "pts adduser 1.2.3.4 mail-writers" if I remeber correctly.
In theory this would decrease the load on the kdc and the afs server,
but in practice I don't know if it would be possible to measure a
difference.