[Dovecot] Dovecot and duplicates

Veikko "Wexi" Skurnik wexi at wexin.net
Wed Feb 10 13:14:21 EET 2010

     Hi

I'm having a problem setting up duplicate filtering on my mail server.
I've set up the mail server with Postfix and Dovecot with virtual LDAP
users, ClamAV virus scanning. The problem is that some of the virtual
users use multiple e-mail addresses and postfix delivers emails sent to
a user as many times as the user has email address entries in LDAP. I
was wondering what would be the smartest way to get rid of these
duplicates, they have identical message ID:s and a simple procmail
recipe does the trick, however as I'm using dovecots deliver, procmail
isn't the answer.  Is it possible to use Sieve to do this, I've been
googling around *a lot* and haven't found anything that would solve the
problem...

This is the procmail recipe that succesfully eliminates the duplicates:

MAILDIR=/var/vmail

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

Or could another solution be to configure postfix to first receive the
email, then let procmail do the duplicate filtering, then ClamAV does
the virus scan and finally dovecots deliver delivers the message to the
virtual user's mailbox?

Any help will be greatly appreciated =)

Wexi

--
* Veikko "Wexi" Skurnik: +358(44)5288338 *
*  wexi at wexin.net           Wexi at IRCNet  *