[Dovecot] fts squat -> webmail, fastcgi timeout: SOLR the answer?

Wed Feb 10 16:04:31 EET 2010

On 2010-02-10 5:17 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> And the other question is, is there any mail user agent that would support
>> server-side full text indexing and not create own indexes?

> Thunderbird.  Maybe all MUAs?  Usually with smartly designed MUAs body searches
> are left to the IMAP server to perform.  On standard TB, in the absence of
> about:config hacks, one cannot run a body search on an IMAP folder unless you
> check the "Run search on server" box.

Interesting, I never noticed that checkbox - probably because I rarely
use the advanced search...

But I'm confused by your answer...

First you said 'Thunderbird. Maybe all MUSa?' - then seemed to totally
contradict yourself when you said 'On standard TB ... one cannot run a
body search on an IMAP folder unless ...' ?

So - is there a user pref that can be set in user.js to enable full body
server-side searches (ie for servers using dovecot with fts squat enabled)?

> Anything else is a header search, and headers are already indexed by
> TB for pretty much everything.

My understanding is that not *all* headers are indexed, only 'Normal'
headers - which is why I opened bug 543956...

--

Best regards,

Charles