[Dovecot] quick question

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 11 17:14:13 EET 2010

On 02/10/2010 06:15 PM, Brandon Davidson wrote:
> Hi David,

We're in the process of doing some beta work on it, but so far it works
nicely. It's basically a plugin for perdition that dynamically builds a
username db with least connections to a pool of servers, then always
sends the user back to the same machine. There's a tool you can run to
see who is on what machine and what the overall layout looks like. If
the perdition server goes down, we have our switch send people to a
backup perdition and it dynamically recreates the db again. We have to
do some more testing (and actually make it live), but so far it's
promising.

> On a side note, we've been running with the two latest maildir patches
> in production for a few days now. The last few days we've been seeing a
> lot of lock failures:
>
> Just thought I'd see if this was happening to anyone else.

I haven't been seeing this here. As far as I can tell, there has been no
noticeable change in either direction with the last two patches. Every
once in a blue moon I'll find a dead lock file somewhere, but it doesn't
seem to be a recurring issue.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu