[Dovecot] wish now I'd not upgraded...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 15 17:23:47 EET 2010

On 15.2.2010, at 17.15, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> One last question on this TB condstore bug:  Does this affect both mbox and
> maildir, i.e. it's a pure IMAP protocol handling bug, or is it specific to mbox?

I looked at the patch, and it looked like the code that handled condstore was simply just buggy. It was supposed to have cleared some variables in initialization code, but didn't. (And that's why with Dovecot APIs you can't allocate uninitialized memory, it's always zeroed out. Less work for programmer (me), less potential bugs/security holes.)