[Dovecot] quota problem

Andre Hübner andre.huebner at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 16:26:43 EET 2010

Hello,

> this is unfortunately not compatible with dovecot 1.0, is not working

i switched now to dovecot 1.2.10, which  is current stable release.
unfortunately my userquoata is not working, just global quota ist active and
is not overwritten by userquota from userdb
I cannot go on with my setup, the devil's in the detail but i dont find
it...
I repeat my setup, maybe somebody is seeing something.

this is my mysql-table i use for auth and quota:

login varchar(255)
password varchar(64)
 home varchar(128)
 uid int(11)
 gid int(11)
 quota_bytes varchar(15)
 active char(1)

typical dataset:
username| 027c57a0bda1922cb475b39817e08c0514651a03| /home/popuser/username
|508| 500| 10| Y

my password_query:
password_query = SELECT login as user, password FROM mail_users WHERE login
= '%u' AND active='Y'

my user_query:
user_query = SELECT  home, uid, gid, concat('*:storage=', quota_bytes,'M')
AS quota_rule FROM mail_users WHERE login = '%u'

quota/imap_quota is activated for pop/imap/lda
lda is used to deliver mails:
plugin-section is:

plugin {
    quota = dirsize:user
    quota_rule = *:storage=1000G
}

I have no idea why its not working. Quota is only effective if i decrease
global quota lower values, it gets not overwritten with data from userdb.
in verbose mailog i can see queries to mysql, i double checked format etc.
but have no solution.

Thanks,
Andre