[Dovecot] using signed certificates for TLS/SSL

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Thu Feb 18 16:03:20 EET 2010

     and another interesting information ..... Thunderbird claims the
certificate is not valid, but Windows Mail accepts it without any
warnings and works just fine. I've tested on a new machine just to make
sure i havent previously accepted it on that machine/Windows Mail.

     another minor difference is that when logging from Windows Mail and
Thunderbird, the cipher used seems to be a little different

Windows Mail - AES128-SHA
Feb 18 12:56:04 correio dovecot: imap-login: Login:
user=<domain at user.com.br>, method=PLAIN, rip=201.86.xx.xx,
lip=192.168.1.2, TLS, TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits)

Thunderbird 3.0.1 - DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA
Feb 18 12:58:41 correio dovecot: imap-login: Login:
user=<domain at user.com.br>, method=PLAIN, rip=201.86.xx.xx,
lip=192.168.1.2, TLS, TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)

     if it works flawlessly on Windows Mail, i think i should point now
my searching to Thunderbird ..... what do you think on that ?

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br