[Dovecot] Poll: Quota near full behavior? [Was: Feature request? Make deliver quota inclusive!]

Warren Baker warren at decoy.co.za
Thu Feb 18 16:29:59 EET 2010

On 18 February 2010 16:20, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> Wonder if there's anyone who wouldn't want this behavior? One exception
> could be that if mail is larger than the user's entire quota limit, it
> wouldn't be accepted. And this would happen only for deliver/lmtp, not
> imap append (because it would give user an error message directly).

I am not sure how much work it would involve but I would prefer to
have a config option to either disable or enable the behaviour.
Much like Exim's 'quota_is_inclusive' transport setting. With this
setting set to false, Exim accepts all messages until the quota has
been exceeded.
When set to true (default setting) it calculates the current message
size and rejects it if it pushes the user over quota.

.warren