[Dovecot] GlusterFs - Any new progress reports?

John Lyons john at support.nsnoc.com
Fri Feb 19 10:53:52 EET 2010

> > Sure .. but you can break the index files in exactly the same way as
> > with NFS. :)
> >
> That is right :)

For us, all the front end exim servers pass their mail to a single final
delivery server. It was done so that we didn't have all the front end
servers needing to mount the storage. It also means that if we need to
stop local delivery for any reason we're only stopping one exim server.

The NFS issue is resolved (I think/hope) by having the front end load
balancer use persistent connections to the dovecot servers.

All I can say is we've used dovecot since it was a little nipper and
have never had any issues with indexes.

Regards

John
www.netserve.co.uk