[Dovecot] Client behaviour with sieve

Gregory Finch gfinch at ldmltd.ca
Fri Feb 19 18:01:51 EET 2010

On 2010-02-19 6:33 AM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>>
>>> Is this the expected behaviour ?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> Thanks for any clarification.
>>
>> The MUA must actively request the status of the mailfolders. The INBOX
>> and the currently selected folder are automatically monitored by all
>> MUAs, I guess.
>>
>> Dunno, if TB has a "monitor all" feature, otherwise you have to select
>> an option in each folder's properties.
>
> I haven't found one so far.  Next best thing would be to set it on by
> default and let the user turn it off but that is a Mozilla issue not
> Dovecot's.
>

> \\||/
> Rod

The setting you're looking for is mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new.
Set that to true and it will do what you want. I've used it once, but it
seemed to cause issues with IDLE; it seemed like after checking all
folders, it would IDLE on which ever folder it selected last during the
check and not on the folder you were currently viewing, however that
could just be me ;)

-Greg