[Dovecot] Best inode_ratio for maildir++ on ext4

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Feb 20 03:52:57 EET 2010

Bugger, hit enter too soon, was going to say, it is probably better than
using EXT4 though, why on earth anyone would use that on a serious
production server I'll never know.

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 11:51 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 17:51 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>

> > If your version of Ubuntu server has XFS support built in, forget ext4 and go
> > XFS.  It's more reliable, faster in every single benchmark I've seen especially
> > for large numbers of files, both large and small, has a ton of management tools
> > and instrumentation interfaces, and has a proven enterprise track record.
>

> Agree wth XFS, providing, and a big providing, you have reliable and
> guaranteed power, hard powerouts on XFS are not known for their niceness
> and protection of data

Kind Regards,
SSA Noel Butler
L.C.P No. 251002
This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate or reveal any
part to anyone without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and
delete all relevance of this message including any attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF and ODF documents are accepted, do not send Microsoft proprietary
formatted documents.