[Dovecot] passing parameters to deliver -> generating data for sieve

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Sat Feb 20 12:40:46 EET 2010

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 14:42 +0100, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>> Is any posibility to pass parameters/environment variables to deliver
>> with sieve plugin?
>>
>> I have some procmail rules to decide where mail should go, which
>> can't be migrated to sieve (uses external programs). So far I write it
>> to maildirs, but I wonder to migrate to mdbox, and procmail can't
>> handle it. Any ideas?
>
> If you've gone that far, how about just calling deliver from procmail
> like:
>
> deliver -m your_mailbox_name
>
> (With Sieve that actually only specifies the default mailbox, which is
> used only if Sieve doesn't decide to save it elsewhere.)

Slightly extended approach may make procmail script generate some extra
headers (based on external programs) before executing deliver so sieve
can consider "extra data".

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely
the most important.
  -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case of Identity"