[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.beta3 Configuration issue (I think)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 21 22:19:57 EET 2010

On 2/21/2010 12:04 PM, Thomas Leuxner wrote:
>>> Try
>>>
>>> ssl_cert = </etc/postfix/sbh16-cert.pem ssl_key =
>>> </etc/postfix/sbh16-key.pem
>>

>> I did. It didn't make any difference.
>
> Hmm. It does not say 'protocols = imap' in the dovecot -n output. Is
> it in 'dovecot.conf'

According to dovecot.conf, the default is

protocols = imap pop3 lmtp

> and what does the 'master.conf'
> service imap-login {
>
> part look like?

Note this affects both imap and pop3. From master.conf (unchanged)

service imap {
  # Most of the memory goes to mmap()ing files. You may need to increase
this
  # limit if you have huge mailboxes.
  #vsz_limit = 256M

  # Max. number of IMAP processes (connections)
  #process_limit = 1024
}

service pop3 {
  # Max. number of POP3 processes (connections)
  #process_limit = 1024
}