[Dovecot] dspam plugin and updating of headers?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Feb 23 21:59:43 EET 2010

Forgive me if this is a stupid question.  I know that when I drag a
message to the SPAM folder, it is being trained properly, since the
stats indicate so.  Dragging back to the inbox retrains it as ham.  I
happened to notice that despite the fact that dspam says this in the
debug log:

"appending header X-DSPAM-Reclassified: Spam"

nothing is actually being done to the message.  Looking at the debug log
for a newly delivered message, I can see it is calling dovecot's deliver
agent.  I am guessing here that this is just the way it works?  e.g. the
plugin detects a message being moved from inbox to inbox.spam and calls
dspam with the requisite arguments to retrain the message, but the
message isn't really being modified?