[Dovecot] namespaces/virtual folder & archiving

fernando at dfcom.com.br fernando at dfcom.com.br
Wed Feb 24 14:48:32 EET 2010

Hi,

I did some researches and I could reproduce item: 1 - storage inbox in
quick disks and other folders in cheaper ones.

Something like this:

namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix =
  location = maildir:/tmp/%u/Maildir
  inbox = yes
  hidden = yes
  list = no   # for v1.1+
}

namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  location = maildir:/tmp/%u/Maildir2
}

In the disk:

drwx------  5 vmail vmail 4.0K Feb 24 07:08 Maildir
drwx------ 10 vmail vmail 4.0K Feb 24 06:39 Maildir2

I don´t know how the indexes control messages in the second namespace (are
those messages indexed ?)

Also, quota control was done by creating a 'maildirsize' at inbox level
(Maildir/) - when messages are moved from one namespace to another, the
file is updated.

Now, I was trying to solve item 3 with virtual folders, but I couldn´t. I
don´t even know if it´s possible. (Unfortunatelly) I believe it´s not :(

[]s
Fernando