[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0.beta3 tcpwrapper support in Solaris

Tomi Vainio Tomi.Vainio at sun.com
Thu Feb 25 13:30:04 EET 2010

Hi,

2.0 compiles fine in Solaris but and I've found only one glitch so far.
  Tcpwapper support needs some tweaks.  I need to add
CPPFLAGS=/usr/sfw/include  because tcpd.h is in there.  Then also
LDFLAGS='-R/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib' is needed.  It would be nice to
have --with-tcpwrap-dir or something.

After this linking gives an error
Undefined first referenced symbol in file
deny_severity /usr/sfw/lib//libwrap.so
allow_severity /usr/sfw/lib//libwrap.so

These are not defined but application itself should define these
globally so I've added these to configure and src/util/tcpwrap.c
#include <syslog.h>
int allow_severity = LOG_INFO;
int deny_severity = LOG_WARNING;

   Tomppa