[Dovecot] IMAP Folders Don't Make Sense

Baptiste Malguy baptiste at malguy.net
Sat Feb 27 15:06:31 EET 2010

Hello,

Le 27/02/10 09:45, Stan Hoeppner a écrit :
> Brian Hayden put forth on 2/25/2010 3:10 PM:
>
> To add insult to injury, mailbox migration from Exch 5.5 IMAP to Dovecot
> IMAP was done using TB as the conduit, simply copying folders from one
> "account" to another.  Took forever, but it was the only reliable way I
> could think of at the time to do it.  It actually went very smoothly.

imapsync is a _very_ useful tool to accomplish this. I don't know
Exchange, but if it allows you to have a kind of "admin" account having
access to all accounts or at least one at a time (and automatically
select which one), you can even automate the migration. On Dovecot, I
set a non-real user account, with the mailbox path being the same as the
user under migration.

A few scripting and you're done.

I've used it to move accounts from Gmail to Dovecot and from Cyrus IMAP
to Dovecot. Only pay attention with Gmail special IMAP folders: "All
Messages" and so forth.

Regards,

--
Baptiste MALGUY - http://www.malguy.net
PGP fingerprint: 49B0 4F6E 4AA8 B149 B2DF  9267 0F65 6C1C C473 6EC2