[Dovecot] any limitations running on a Mac?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sun Feb 28 11:58:19 EET 2010

Terry Barnum put forth on 2/27/2010 8:33 PM:

> Thank you Stan. Unfortunately I read that Apple ran into licensing issues with Sun/Oracle over ZFS and removed it from Snow Leopard before it was released last year.

If your new hardware is fast enough (disk access time + throughput) HFS+ may
not be a bottleneck.  However, I fear that given what you said about
multiple maildirs with 5K+ messages, and very large messages, HFS+ will be
far less than optimal.

As I mentioned before, if you are able to go with Linux and XFS you'd be far
better off WRT these large maildirs.  Maybe some comparative testing is in
order.

--
Stan