[Dovecot] Issue Authenticating to a new dovecot-postfix installation

Sat Jan 2 01:54:52 EET 2010

On 2010-01-01, Noel Butler (noel.butler at ausics.net) wrote:
>> Then again, I might have just missed it. In addition, you do know what
>> time of the year it is, didn't you? Many individuals like myself have
>> better things to do than slave over our PCs waiting to answer questions.

> What has this got to do with anything,  It was well before Christmas.

It was 12/10/09... two weeks... pretty close if you ask me, lots of
people take 2-3 week vacations during this time of year.

>> to the Postfix forum. Include all relevant and unedited log file

> Why? I sent all the relevant information pertaining to my query, no need
> to send non-related crap.

What you might consider 'non-related crap' is often necessary to answer
your question, which is why it is required (per the welcome message you
get when subscribing) when asking for help.

No question that the postfix users list is pretty strict about form, but
the help available there is top notch, as long as you leave your
attitude at the door.