[Dovecot] Dovecot Quota Problem

Ken Price lists at nettwrek.com
Tue Jan 5 18:59:45 EET 2010

I'm using Dovecot LDA with Exim.  I'm also using Dictionary Quotas in a
MySQL database.  I want to avoid backscatter completely, so I set
"quota_full_tempfail = yes" and handle quota checking in the Exim RCPT ACL
during the SMTP session.  The problem lies in the case where a user's
account is nearly full.  Smaller messages will continue to come through,
but a larger message would get queued for retry since it will push the
account over quota.  I need Dovecot's quota to exhibit the same behavior as
Exim's "quota_is_inclusive=false".

>From Exim docs:
quota_is_inclusive=false
When this is done, the check for exceeding the quota does not include the
current message. Thus, deliveries continue until the quota has been
exceeded; thereafter, no futher messages are delivered.

Any ideas on how I can implement this inside of Dovecot?

Thanks,
-Ken Price