[Dovecot] strange behaviour with seen/unseen messages in virtual folders.

Matthias Rieber ml-dovecot at zu-con.org
Wed Jan 6 13:18:39 EET 2010

Hi,

I've a virtual folder that contains unseen messages. When I mark the
message and expunge the folder, the message should disappear. This works
as expected in alpine. Alpine uses the following commands:

06000010 STORE 1 +Flags (\SEEN)
06000020 EXPUNGE

Using roundcube mail, the message wont disappear, when I perform the same
steps. RoundCube Mails sends:

flg UID STORE 445 +FLAGS (\Seen)
exp1 EXPUNGE

But the message doesn't dissapear. But I can expunge it with alpine, as
long as the folder contains one message. If it contains more messages,
some or even all messages won't disappear. When I mark them as unseen/seen
in alpine, I can expunge them with alpine.

The expunge command send by roundcube mail never expunges any seen message
in the unseen folder. Whether it was flagged as seen by alpine nor
roundcube mail.

kind regards,
matthias