[Dovecot] First time Dovecot user, really impressed so far. What is best IMAP enabled webmail package to go with Dovecot?

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Fri Jan 8 10:14:08 EET 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 00:55:45 -0600
> Von: Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com>
> An: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Betreff: Re: [Dovecot] First time Dovecot user, really impressed so far. What is best IMAP enabled webmail package	to go with Dovecot?

> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:23:50 -0500, Thomas Harold
> <thomas-lists at nybeta.com>
> wrote:
> > On 1/6/2010 11:38 AM, Steve wrote:
> >>
> >> An advice on another nice Web enabled mail client? Have you looked at
> >> SOGo? Have a look at their online demo ->
> >> http://www.scalableogo.org/tour/online_demo.html
> >>
> >> It has more to offer then RoundCube (aka: Calendaring,
> >> synchronization with Funambol, etc).
> >
> > Ah? (perks up ears at the mention of Funambol)
> >
> > And SOGo plays nicely with postfix + dovecot?
>
> I saw that suggestion and checked out the online demo at the SOGo site.
> Aside from the fantastic look/feel of the UI, the one thing that really
> caught my attention is the "right click" context menu on messages, like
> that in a full MUA such as T-Bird.  The right click feature is really darn
> sweet for a free webmail client.  I must take a closer look at SOGo.  As
> you can see from the header of my email I'm already taking Roundcube for a
> spin, although I'm on an old version, relying on the Debian Lenny backport
> package.

RoundCube is a great Web app. It's written by a Swiss guy (I am from Switzerland too). So it can only be good :)

SOGo is as well a great app. On my setup I offer Squirrel Mail, RoundCube, Horde, SOGo Monotone/Trunk (dev version) and Group Office. Most people like the more advanced packages like SOGo, Group Office and Horde.

I personally like Squirrel Mail the most since it is so lean and it's not disturbing me with additional stuff that I don't need (mostly I check mail over Web while I am out of office and then I just need to quickly read and reply. That's it).

> --
> Stan

Steve