[Dovecot] Sieve > Pigeonhole > external storage with LDAP or other data source available to dovecot

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jan 12 12:46:06 EET 2010

Martin F. Foster wrote:
> oh wow - ignore my last message about sievec & environment.  As the
> output says, it's just a warning... it is not blocking the compilation
> of the sieve script as I originally thought.
>
> <compile script>
> #  /usr/local/bin/sievec -P sieve_extdata
> /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/before.sv
> /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sieve/before.sieve
> Warning: sieve: extdata: no dict uri specified, extension is
> unconfigured (sieve_extdata_dict_uri is not set).
>
> # echo $?
> 0
> </compile script>

This will compile the before.sv into a binary before.sieve, which is
wrong. First of all, Pigeonhole expects scripts to have the .sieve
extension. Second, binaries are expected to have the .svbin extension.
The errors you get are caused by the deliver plugin's attempts at
compiling a binary (since the .sieve is the binary and a .svbin file
does not exist) :)

Regards,

Stephan.