[Dovecot] Silent migration from mbox to maildir?

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Tue Jan 12 17:21:01 EET 2010

Yes, see http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Convert

> - regarding the Namespaces wiki article, it is possible to mix mbox and
> Maildir for one user. Is it possible to use this setup for all newly
> created accounts?

I'm happily Namespace free. ;-) But I believe the configured Namespace
settings are for all users. And I'm not sure if one can overwrite
Namespace settings with user database extra fields.

> - Is it possible to have maildir set up for all newly created accounts
> while the old accounts still use mbox?

It's possible to set the mail_location per user. In order to do this,
your user database has to return a mail field. See
http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: beeffeed.1001216 at localdomain.org