[Dovecot] LDA and POP3/IMAP user_query

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 19 14:49:26 EET 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 12:12 +1300, Michael wrote:
> How do I get IMAP+POP3 vs. LDA to use different user_query statements?

Like Kirill said, you can use %s for it. But sure, it'll make the query
bigger and uglier. Hopefully I'll manage to make v2.0 support something
like:

protocol lda {
  userdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql-lda.conf
  }
}
protocol imap {
  userdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  }
}
..

Although that also makes it kind of difficult to add it for each
protocol separately.. Maybe I could also add support for

protocol !lda {
  ..
}