[Dovecot] How can I configure dovecot as gmail imap proxy

Supratik Goswami supratiksekhar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:17:50 EET 2010

Here the proxy server should authenticate the user. If the user is in the
list of
authenticated users then dovecot will allow to connect to imap.gmail.com.

Consider a scenario where a client tries to read his mailbox from
imap.gmail.com:993.
Client executes the command "mutt -f imaps://imap.gmail.com",  the request
is first
authenticated at the proxy server. If the request is coming from a valid
user, dovecot
will allow to connect to imap.gmail.com and fetch mails for that user.

Can you please help me with the steps to configure the server.

Warm Regards

Supratik