[Dovecot] MUA notifications on new mail in a new folder?

Kārlis Repsons Karlis.Repsons at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:53:01 EET 2010

If deliver gets run with a non-root userid like this:
< | deliver -m path/to/NEWmaildir >, I wonder, is a connected IMAP MUA
automatically notified, that the new message has arrived in the new folder?
As I see from some experiments with Thunderbird, it has no problems with
immediate notifications of new mail in previously existing folders, however, it
has problems with the case of new folder.