[Dovecot] Conditionally use a sieve script with deliver?

Kārlis Repsons Karlis.Repsons at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:11:59 EET 2010

I found a post in this list [0], which says sieve scripts can be used to
deliver mail as read. However, can it be done somehow conditionally, I mean,
with a direct or indirect switch for deliver?
For a nonexistent example, it would be simply
< | deliver -m path/to/maildir -r > or maybe an environment variable could be
exported to deliver sieve and checked there?

(Still not sure if sieve can replace maildrop in my case, however, using it
with dovecot creates various problems with interoperability; but perhaps I can
just add those imap4flags like "\\seen" myself to the message with maildrop and
avoid mess with sieve at all?)

[0] http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-July/032294.html