[Dovecot] 1.2.9 imap crash with backtrace

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 21 19:10:38 EET 2010

On 01/21/2010 12:00 PM, mailing at securitylabs.it wrote:

> Hello, same problem here. I use Thunderbird 3.0.1. The strange thing
> is that with the same version of TB on my PC at home I don't have this
> issue. The same TB on my work PC has this issue and only on one
> account (that has Dovecot as imap server) but I have other account
> (some with dovecot, other with courier-imap) where this does not
> happen, so I think is TB related.
>
> Also here no NFS, ext3.

Single Solaris 9 box here, without NFS and I'm seeing it. Users having
problems with it on my linux dovecat farm as well, so it can't be NFS
related.

This seems to have started since TB 3.0 came out. Especially, with the
new indexing feature they added. I'm not seeing it with Pine or SQMail
accessing the same servers. The problem is all my users are convinced
it's my mail servers. ;) However, it does seem to only happen with my
dovecot backends. I haven't seen this with my non-dovecot accounts.

Is it possible the TB 3.0 has some issues with dovecot specifically that
we're not aware of?

Has anyone seen any Thunderbird mail out there related to this? Google
hasn't been helpful yet.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu