[Dovecot] Delete messages with archivemail

Dennis Guhl dg at dguhl.org
Mon Jan 25 18:34:12 EET 2010

gstyle schrieb:
> 2010/1/25 Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>

Moin

>> You'd be better off upgrading to the latest stable version (via
>> backports) and using the expire plugin - its made for doing things just
>> like this.
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire
>>
>> Mh... could be an option...
> Do I only install the new packages and tweak the config, or do I have to
> convert the Maildirs in any way for an upgrade from Dovecot 1.0?

No, there are no problems with the Maildirs.

> Anything importent to consider for the upgrade?

I encountered some trouble with the config file while using the old
1.0-configuration. Namely the plugins (sive, managedsieve and quota)
did not do what I wanted.

This was cured in fifteen minutes by copying my changes from my old
config file in the one delivered with 1.2.

In all cases you should read the webpages addressing the upgrades.

> Cheers
> Mario

Bye
Dennis