[Dovecot] quick question

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 25 19:57:32 EET 2010

On 01/22/2010 05:14 PM, Brandon Davidson wrote:

> Yeah, as long as the users don't see it, I'm happy to live with the messages
> in the log file.
>
> -Brad

*sigh*, it looks like there still might be the occasional user visible
issue. I was hoping that once the assert stopped happening, and the
process stayed alive, that the users wouldn't see their inbox disappear
and reappear.... apparently, this is still happening occasionally.

I just had user experience this with TB 2, and after looking at the logs
I found the good ole' stale nfs message:

Jan 25 11:39:24 gehenna21 dovecot: IMAP(user):
fdatasync(/rci/nqu/rci/u8/user/dovecot/.INBOX/dovecot-uidlist) failed:
Stale NFS file handle

Fortunately, there were no other messages associated with it (assert or
otherwise), but I was hoping to have seen the last of the users mail
momentarily reloading.

For now they're just have to live with it until I either get proxy_maybe
setup, or some other solution.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu