[Dovecot] Proxying to a DNS Name

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 25 21:29:23 EET 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 20:22 +0100, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 20:53 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >
> > b) Get some async DNS library from somewhere.
>
> I have been looking for that as well recenly, and I stumbled upon the
> unbound library, part of the unbound project.

I know there are a few of them, but I'd prefer to use the system's own
resolver. A few reasons that I can think of:

 - do external dns resolver libraries support /etc/hosts?
 - or are there some other site-specific features? dnssec, etc.?
 - DNS has had security problems recently. Upgrading OS's own resolver
is easier than upgrading all software that have their internal
resolvers.