[Dovecot] still asserts with 1.2.10

Matthias Rieber ml-dovecot at zu-con.org
Mon Jan 25 22:26:17 EET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:36 +0100, Matthias Rieber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've still asserts while accessing virtual folders:
>
> You didn't answer my last mail about it:
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-January/046009.html
>
> I can't seem to reproduce it. Although now that I saw your dovecot -n
> output, wonder if Squat has something to do with it..
>
> Can you easily reproduce this? Can you try if it happens without squat?

I'll try it without squat. At the moment I see the crashes in virtual
folders where keywords are also involved like:

INBOX.Spam.sure
   HEADER X-DSPAM-Result Innocent NOT KEYWORD LearnedAsJunk

INBOX.Spam.sure
   NOT HEADER X-Spam-Score +++++ NOT KEYWORD LearnedAsJun

INBOX.Spam.sure
   UNSEEN

I also check the virtual mailboxes almost constantly for certain flags,
pipe messages to sa-learn and/or dspam, change flags and move them. For
this purpose I use imapfilter, with a config like:

messages = myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:has_flag('NonJunk') -
            myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:has_flag('LearnedAsNonJunk')
messagecontent = myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:fetch_message(messages)
if messagecontent ~= nil then
         for i,v in pairs (messagecontent) do
     printDebug(v,'NonJunk Mails in Spam:')
           pipe_to('/root/learn_ham', v)
           pipe_to('/root/learn_ham_dspam', v)
         end
         myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:add_flags({'LearnedAsNonJunk'}, messages)
   myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:remove_flags({'LearnedAsJunk','Junk'}, messages)
         myaccount['INBOX.Spam.sure']:move_messages(myaccount['INBOX'], messages)
end

The crashes usually happen with roundcube mail. The same client where I've
the problem when I mark messages in the unseen folder and the messages
won't disappear after expunging the folder.

matthias