[Dovecot] quick question

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 25 22:46:22 EET 2010

Timo,

On 1/25/10 12:31 PM, "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> I don't think it's immediate.. But it's probably something like:
>
>  - notice it's not working -> reconnect
>  - requests are queued
>  - reconnect fails, hopefully soon, but MySQL connect at least fails in max.
> 10 seconds
>  - reconnect timeout is added, which doubles after each failure
>  - requests are failed while it's not trying to connect

Hmm, that's not great. Is that tunable at all? Cursory examination shows
that it's hardcoded in src/lib-sql/driver-mysql.c, so I guess not.

I suppose I could also get around to playing with multi-master replication
so I at least have a SQL server available at each of the sites that I have
Dovecot servers...

-Brad