[Dovecot] Are Mail files in /Maildir/cur & /Maildir/.Sent read-only ?

Johannes Grimm johannes.grimm at fh-rosenheim.de
Tue Jan 26 14:36:05 EET 2010

Hi, this is a snip from the original
http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir

"....with maildir the filename changes every time the message's flags
change...."

Only if you "do" something with a mail (like deleting) the filename and
modified date will change.
If you want to delete mails of a certain age you can you use either the
Dovecot Xxpunge plugin or a cronjob with a command like:

find /home -mtime +30 -name *,ST -exec rm {} \;