[Dovecot] index location

Dave Brenner david at toledotel.com
Wed Jan 27 23:01:58 EET 2010

On 1/27/2010 12:13 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

 > Looks like a bug. I'll look at it later. Do you really need it to be
 > "yes"? :)

I would prefer that it be, since we have quite a few users who have
~/mail hard-coded as their IMAP root path (we're on UW currently).  We
could get by with the split indexing for a while.  It's not a
show-stopper, but it does create some clutter on clients that cannot be
configured to hide unsubscribed folders (for example, iPhone).

Having said all that, I am very impressed with the performance of
Dovecot with mboxes.  UW+SquirrelMail+IMAPProxy has been a very painful
experience for us and Dovecot so far appears to be our ticket to
improving user experience without a conversion to maildir.  Thanks for
your efforts.

Dave