[Dovecot] index location

Dave Brenner david at toledotel.com
Thu Jan 28 22:55:20 EET 2010

On 1/27/2010 1:25 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Did you read http://wiki.dovecot.org/Namespaces

I've been tinkering with it and have not yet gotten it to do exactly
what I want.  Adding the sample namespaces for UW backward compatibility
causes the client to show the full ~/mail path in the subscribed folder
pick list.  Plus, now my autocreate rules, which use paths like
~/mail/Spam and ~/mail/Trash, are causing new folders to be created in
~/, e.g. ~/Spam.  So, I end up with ~/Spam and ~/mail/Spam.  Even if I
clear the home level stuff out of .mailboxlist (we rebuilt) and delete
the actual folders, they come right back on first login.  So, I think
autocreate is confused by the namespaces.

I'll need to play with it some more.  Any suggestions you may have would
be welcome as well.

Dave