[Dovecot] sieve script

Stephan Bosch s.bosch at utwente.nl
Fri Jan 29 16:54:28 EET 2010

Lampa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after qmail migration need convert some .procmailrc scripts. Found
> converter procmail -> sieve, but i'm not sure of quality of
> conversion.
>
> My script:
> ---------------
> if header :contains "from" ["user at domain1.tld", "user2 at domain2.tld",
> "user3 at domain3.tld"] {
>         redirect "foo1 at bar.tld";
>         redirect "foo2 at bar.tld";
>         redirect "foo20 at bar.tld";
> } else {
>         keep;
> }
> ---------------
>
> Converter script:
> ---------------
> require ["fileinto","regex","envelope","vacation"];
>
> if envelope :comparator "i;octet" :contains
> "From.*(user at domain1.tld|user2 at domain2.tld|user3 at domain3.tld)" "" {
>         redirect "foo1 at bar.tld foo2 at bar.tld .... foo20 at bar.tld";
> }
>
> if true {
>         fileinto "$DEFAULT";
> }
This not Sieve. There is no envelope part "From.*(... " and redirect
only accepts one address.

> ---------------
>
> Converter script is cannot be compiled. But it used other style envelope.

The converter's script does not make much sense, although I can see what
it is trying to do.

> So what is difference between envelope and header ?

The header test matches against headers of the message itself. The
envelope test matches against the SMTP envelope.

> And there are some limits for redirect ?

Check the 'Configurable Limits' section of the INSTALL file (wiki needs
to be updated):

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/file/0.1.15/INSTALL

So, you can configure sieve_max_redirects according to your needs.

Regards,

Stephan.