[Dovecot] Not understanding namespaces

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Fri Jan 29 22:25:37 EET 2010

I have been diligently reading about namespace in the DC doc and what I
can find in Google.  Like the blind men and the elephant, I see the
nature of some individual bits of namespace, some syntax and the overall
purpose (overriding defaults and providing extensions), but I don't see
the whole thing and how it is used.
I am looking to do some maildir testing in what is a mbox default
system, so I thought to employ namespace to do so.
I see that namespace(s) can be defined in dovecot.conf and I see that it
can be defined in TBird (under ServerSettings, Advanced Account
Settings), but it isn't clear to me how they are made to work together.
Some questions:

- Is it that you can define multiple namespaces in dovecot.conf and then
specify which of these you use in the TBird server settings?
- What is the syntax of the TBird namespace specification?

--
==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly,
neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors.