[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Jul 1 20:45:23 EEST 2010

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:12:37 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> articulated:

> I'd just get a huge kick out of cross posting what the two of you
> state here to spam-l and watching you get eaten alive due to this
> "runs itself if setup right" hands off management approach to email
> systems.  Rich would send you home with your tails between your legs
> like little scared puppies.  Neither of you sub there so it wouldn't
> do any good.  T'would be very entertaining if you did though.

Here we go; no longer can you justify your position so now you attempt
to change the focus of it, and/or attach the responders of your post.

I stand by my assertion that a properly configured system basically
runs itself. Software updates, etc do on occasion require direct
intervention by the system maintainer; however, if I have to
reconfigure the system on a daily basis it is more than obvious that I
have failed to properly set it up to begin with. In virtually every
case when a serious problem has arose on the system, it could be
directly tied to the "PEBKC" principal.

By the way, I have no knowledge of this "Rich" individual, nor do I give
a F**K either. Obviously you are mesmerized by, and perhaps even
sexually attacked to him, so I suggest that you consult him from now on
when a problem arises.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net