[Dovecot] Exim+Dovecot LDA - How can I catch the crash?

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Fri Jul 30 12:03:16 EEST 2010

On 07/30/2010 09:01 AM Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Pascal Volk <
> user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org<user%2Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org>
>> wrote:
>> When you don't want to test SIS, don't enable it. Or use the SIS-less
>> code from: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0
>
> I did not enable SIS at all. Do you mean that setting mail_location =
> mdbox... enables it? I did not think so. I just thought I was using the
> matured dbox facility, and in my mind I was clear I wasn't doing anything
> SIS related, honestly;)
> Now, assume that I haven't heard of SIS, but I am a mad guy who just decided
> to use the mercurial code that has SIS, can I just use mdbox or sdbox
> without necessarily invoking the anger of SIS? What options do I need in
> mail_location for just that?
> I believe I already got what it takes on the MTA side, from the wiki.

But you are using the code from the SIS-enabled repo. SIS code affects
also multi and single dbox code. If you don't want to test SIS related
things, but would prefer mdbox over sdbox, so I'll repeat myself:
Use the SIS-less code from: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0.
(In your first mail you mentioned that you are using the code from the
other repo.)

> This is the exim transport that I use. It works with the RC3 but not the
> SIS-ised Dovecot.
>

> dovecot_virtual_delivery:
>   driver = pipe
>   return_output
>   command = /opt/dovecot2/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $local_part@$domain -f
> $sender_address
>   message_prefix =
>   message_suffix =
>   delivery_date_add
>   envelope_to_add
>   return_path_add
>   log_output
>   user = mailnull
>   temp_errors = 64 : 69 : 70: 71 : 72 : 73 : 74 : 75 : 78

See if that settings work again after switching back to SIS-less Dovecot
2.0 code.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafebabe.1021110 at localdomain.org