[Dovecot] 2.0.beta4, Panic: stream doesn't support seeking backwards (and beta5 too)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 1 00:47:34 EEST 2010

On 31.5.2010, at 22.41, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> What I don't understand is whether this is strictly the client's
> problem, or if there is some issue in Dovecot as well. If there is a
> Dovecot issue, I can try to collect and report more information about
> these Panics if that would be helpful.

All Dovecot crashes are bugs. The problem with this panic is that I just can't reproduce it, so I don't really have much ideas what exactly causes it.. You mentioned just connecting with K9 can cause it, but that's not what Juergen's backtrace showed. Maybe the step you could do is to get gdb backtrace? http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html And hopefully manage to reproduce it somehow easily? Also rawlog from such crashing session could be helpful too (see my previous mail).