[Dovecot] 2.0.beta4, Panic: stream doesn't support seeking backwards (and beta5 too)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 1 03:39:57 EEST 2010

On 5/31/2010 3:54 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 31.5.2010, at 23.45, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> I am having problems setting up rawlog. I need some help.
>
> Oh, right, I forgot. With v2.0 it's different.
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-December/045139.html (just
> remove the /tmp/test.sh from the example)

That worked. The attached logs.txt contains maillog entries and the
rawlog entries for two crashes (both the same), and dovecot -n.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a core dump. By the time I figured out how
to enable dumps, I had syncd the Sent folder on this account, which has
avoided the problem for the moment.

The problem appeared to be because the phone had an old Sent message
which was no longer if ever in the server's Sent folder and the phone
client was trying to append that message.

Anyway, the crashes will return and then I will get the gdb backtrace.